Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas

Hello all...sorry for the "radio silence" (haha) I have been furiously trying to make it seem like a regular Christmas for my son and my sisters kids the last day or so...they had a really fun day yesterday and a very happy Christmas morning so it was worth the effort all around! The kids obviously know that their Pappa is not here and that he is in the hospital but I don't want them worrying...I really don't think that children should be kept in the dark,but I also don't think that they should be given adult worries when they clearly have no way of managing those emotions.
Anyway...Chuck was moved to a specialty hospital sikence that he can get rehab services while still in ICU level care. He needs the extra attention because he is in a tremendous amount of pain and would never move a muscle if it were up to him. And while it is understandable, it is really not the best for him. So he isn't happy about it, but he knows if he is ever going to walk again the aggressive therapies are absolutely necessary.
I am heading over there later so we can give him the portable DVD player we got him with his stack of Kiera Knightley movies.

10 comments:

  1. Thoughts and prayers are still coming from Venice, Florida. Ed, Colleen and Zack Weigle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update Christene. Tell your father there's a line in a Nancy Sinatra song that he's going to have to abide by. He'll know. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. still thinking about you chuck on this christmas day....please stay with the program ahead of you so you can walk again...as always you are in my prayers and so many others here in pittsburgh

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the blog Christene. My thoughts and sincerest prayers are with Chuck and the whole gang.Knowing Chuck I'm sure he will soon be up and around.Keep the thoughts positive and stay strong Chuck. And because I know you love them GO STEELERS......Lamont.....Mtp.......

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Christene for the update. So glad that you got the move made without any problems. I am sure your mother knows where the best place is for your dad. Tell "Charlie" that I am still sending good thoughts and prayers his way for a speedy recovery. And tell him that "Hi Ho" is looking down on him these days. So glad the kids were able to enjoy Christmas. May you and the family have a Blessed Holiday Week. Love to your mother.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Christene
    Your mom's home voice mailbox is full, so I can't leave a message. Contact me via GVL or my home number in Sachse to let me know where Chuck is staying. I went to see him Christmas eve @ hospital before I figured out he had been moved. Kind regards,Hue

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Christene 16,
    So sorry to hear about this horrific accident. Thanks for posting the updates, dear, that's very sweet of you. All of your Dad's fans and friends back here in the burg will be glad to read that he's moving forward, and all of our thoughts and prayers are with him. I'll leave a message on his fbook page as well, so he can see it in the future. If there's an address we can send cards/etc. to in the future, please let us know.

    Love,
    Buster Maxwell
    (aka Michael Jon)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope everyone's somehow hanging in there...christine will charlie ever have access to his cell phone again?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for keeping us posted, Christene.
    I hope Chuck is doing better in his new location and will soon be starting therapy. We hope you will continue to update us on his progress and we keep him in our prayers.
    Ed Salamon

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the updates, Christene! I have had your Dad on my mind constantly since this occurred. He is such a great mentor to me and had a profound effect on the way my life has turned out so far. Please let him know that he is in my thoughts often and that I am sorry for being so bad at keeping in touch.
    Take care,
    Johnny (B. Goode) Schuerenberg

    ReplyDelete