Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Wednesday night

Hello...
I did not get a chance to go over to the hospital myself today...I was on child care duty. My mom and sister were there all afternoon, though, and said that dad is still pretty sedated. They gave him a muscle relaxant for some spasms he is having, and apparently it really bottomed his blood pressure out. They obviously won't be giving him any more of that, but will be trying something else. In general I guess this is the "it gets worse before it gets better" part. He is stable but still critical. I spoke with a really nice writer from the Pittsburgh Post Gazette this morning. She will be publishing the blog link so I will probably remove my phone number from the first post. If you want it, feel free to save it, but I am not sure I want it published to that wide of an audience. I will also attempt to not use profanity...but no promises there. :) Will post in the morning first hand ..it will be my turn to visit and I will pass on all the news. Thanks for reading and supporting my dad at this crazy and terrible time. We all really need it. Xoxoxoxo, Christene

3 comments:

  1. Christene, So sorry to hear about this, and I hope your father fully recovers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please give Chuck my best wishes for a speedy recovery. He will be in our thoughts.
    All the very best,
    Joe McCoy (ex-WCBS-FM,NY)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christene & Carmey,
    Our hearts are with you and our prayers are for Chuck's full and speedy recovery.
    Mary Margaret & Lloyd Stamy

    ReplyDelete